Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lost in Translation

Blooper Pic: Of course, I was trying to mimic a linebacker - that had always been my intent. :P

Tonight my younger siblings had their siblings had their annual Christmas concert. I tried for a festive outfit of green and red, partly because 'tis the season, and partly because I hardly ever wear this green blazer (seriously, I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased it).

Costa Blanca scarf
Costa Blanca t-shirt
Ebay Red cinch Belt
??? Green Blazer (don't ask me where I got the damn thing - I've had it since high school :P)

Fun fact: my brother and sister go a French-Catholic school, meaning 95% of the performances were conducted for the benefit of the Francophone ear. That didn't pose too much of a problem (when you've heard 12 Days of Christmas in one language, you've basically heard them all), save for one particular act involving an unfamiliarsong. My reaction?

Me: ...why is that kid wearing a chicken for a hat?...why does that kid have an afro?....why are there aliens?...what is this I don't even....

Due to time restraints, the performance was cut short - good thing, too; I was about 30 seconds from succumbing to a brain aneurysm out of sheer confusion.

It's times like this I wish I wasn't an ignorant monolinguist.

Also, I'm discovering an interesting side-effect of making a fashion blog: it makes you increasingly vain.

O_O

:D

Happy holidays, everyone.

2 comments:

Annebeth said...

yes, very vain :D I love the red with the green, suits you quite well!

Chaudie said...

I'm loving the look! We should chat more!